21 October 2009

20th Street Screams.



I.
The only green
     on the 17
          is weed
          and weeds
          and eyes.
Pick out them seeds
     let's plant some grass
          we make that money
          and build us
          a castle
Got hardwood floors up in that bitch--
          locked him up for life,
          but I be hood rich.
Call me.

II.
Gotta make that paper...
gotta chase that man.
Never gonna catch him.
Damned if I don't--
damned if I can.

What you hold in your hand
in any other world
would carry your notes
envelop your snot
and wipe your ass;

instead,
it's bathed in shit
rolled in coke
stuffed in tits
and you lick your lips
at the thought of it.

There's no room for belief
in a universe
where greed is pure
and cash is king
only room for more
     more
          more
               more
                    more

Mores, we made them
morals, we lost them
money, we eat it
No wonder we're all sick.

III.
The man on the sidewalk
with the broken body
has a spaceship.

He looks like he knew
something
and was punished for it.

Looks at me like he knows
I would do anything
to fly away.

Forgot his exterior long ago
to focus energy
on The Next Days.

Too bad the spaceship's grounded.

IV.
As a human, I know nothing;
   as a woman, I'm ignored;
      as a pusher, I will die young;
         as the rest of you, I'm bored;
            as an animal, I am.

Let me Be.

2 comments:

JBrown said...

Thanks for the nice message! Someone from Peace Corps Guinea called and told me that they are going to postpone my program until the Guinea elections on January 30th. I am not allowed to switch programs, and it is not looking likely that the elections will go smoothly. Basically it's the worst case scenario for me. Therefore, I am planning to move in with my friend in Ithaca and get a job. I just need to be on my own again. I can't stand this state of perpetual limbo. I actually plan to be in Philadelphia(for a couple of hours) with the one and only Mr. Adam Tyler Wolk on October 28th before we get a train down to Delaware for Homecoming. Will you be around then?

Kiersten said...

HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!! Get ready for an onslaught of comments!