15 October 2009

A Billie Holiday.


Woke up late
wrong side of bed
been here before
unfinished dreams scream in my head;

Grey in the sky
blues in my mind
can't stop this flood
falling harder than rains outside;

Know what this is
I'm skipping class
the best excuse
shooting head pain like shards of glass;

Someone broke in
he stole my heart
can't go there now
too much to change, time to restart;

As seasons chill
processes slow
cold presses in
comfort slips in blankets of snow;

I'll nap right now
no, tomorrow
can't ever sleep
don't you get it? This time's borrowed--

Just like our thoughts
just like our bones
just like our breath
we rent this space, it's not to own.

To make the most
of what is Real
explore all things
don't be afraid to fail and feel.

Dr. Seuss Space
Billie's Blues Show
Multitask Class
With some guidance--where'd the pain go?

No comments: